Monday, June 4, 2012

Chelsea confirm agreement to sign Hazard

The exciting attacker's move to Stamford Bridge has been confirmed by the Champions League winners with the Belgian claiming to have rejected a similar offer from Manchester United

 

 

Chelsea have announced that they have agreed terms with Lille for the transfer of Eden Hazard.

The 21-year-old Belgian international has agreed personal terms with the club and today passed a medical examination with the reigning European champions.

Having spent the summer being pursued by not only the Blues, but also Premier League champions Manchester City and Manchester United, Hazard declared that he would join Chelsea last week - as exclusively revealed on Goal.com hours prior to his official announcement - and will now join up with the Champions League winners in July for pre-season training.
Hazard scored 21 goals in 48 appearances for Lille last season, also contributing 18 assists for the club as they finished third in Ligue 1. And he declared his delight at signing for the London club.
"I'm delighted to finally arrive here, it's a wonderful club and I can't wait to get started," Hazard told Chelsea's official website.
The highly-rated Belgian also explained his decision for choosing Chelsea, when for so long it had appeared as though the two Manchester clubs were in pole position for his signature.
"I chose Chelsea because I said that I will go to England," explained Hazard, speaking to RMC.

"After, there was a match with Man United, but Chelsea have a better project.

"It’s a team who always play the first roles. They won the Champions League and it’s the proof.

"My priority was to play, and at Chelsea I can do it. At Real or at Barcelona, at 21 years, it is more difficult."
Hazard has come in for criticism in some quarters, having been accused of being opportunist in selecting the Blues as his future employers only after their European success. However, he says that he gave the decision much thought and believes that moving to Stamford Bridge was the right decision for his career.

"Before, Chelsea was too far from the Champions league, and I was in contact with the two clubs of Manchester," Hazard added.

"After Chelsea, coming little by little (into his thoughts) and when they won the Champions League, I said to myself that it’s a good opportunity to take.
"And so I’m Blue now. How I can progress? I need a team which play in the biggest matches every weekend, and in the big championship.

"(To) be present in these matches, that’s what I want. At Lille, I was constant and I need to be more constant now. And I need also to do more with the national team.""

Hazard has also revealed that he has spoken to Roberto Di Matteo - the coach who led the Blues to both FA Cup and Champions League success during his four-month spell as interim manager. But he doesn't know if the Italian will remain at the club next season.

"I discussed a little with Roberto Di Matteo, and the position where I want to play," offered Hazard.

"I have no idea if he will stay or not."


 

Source : Goal.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment