Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nani hints at move from Manchester United after contract talks stall

• Portugal winger still has two years left on his contract
• Nani waiting for United to agree to his terms on a new deal








Nani says he may consider leaving Manchester United if the club do not meet his terms for a new contract. Photograph: Francisco Leong/AFP/Getty Images
Nani has said he will consider offers to leave Manchester United after contract talks stalled. The winger, who moved to Old Trafford from Sporting Lisbon in 2007, signed his most recent deal just over two years ago and has two further seasons remaining.
"I have had five seasons at Manchester United and have won all the titles," Nani said. "Now I am really happy but I don't know about my future. Now I will study opportunities. Football is not only about England or Spain. It is possible to enjoy success in other countries. My agent is waiting on news about United. We have presented a counter-offer and now we are waiting on an offer from the club."
Nani is preparing to play at Euro 2012 with Portugal and made his remarks in an interview with the country's television station RTP. He also reflected on the threat posed by him and the former United winger Cristiano Ronaldo in the national side and on finishing second to Manchester City last month.
"It was a great pain to miss the Premier League title in the final minutes of the match. City were incredible with their luck. I can only hope that this Euro Championship is my Euro, and I am working hard for that with Portugal. My challenge is to be the best, be the No1 and show that on the field. Myself and Cristiano make up two of the best wingers in the world and our statistics for our club show that."



Source : Guardian.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment