This is a detailed preview of the next major release of Windows, code-named "Windows 8". From the chipset to the user experience, Windows 8 brings a new range of capabilities without compromise.
The latest iteration of Microsoft's operating system brings an innovative new platform and tools to developers. Apps can add new capabilities to Windows and to other apps, connecting with one another through the new interface. Windows 8 apps can use a broad set of new libraries and controls, designed for fluid interaction and seamless connectivity.
More Windows Full Version
See what's new Windows 8 :
- Swipe, slide, and zoom - Touch a full-powered PC. It's fast and it's fluid. Take natural, direct, hands-on control.
- Apps, front and center - Apps in Windows 8 work together to get things done faster. Get them from the Windows Store.
- Your Windows, everywhere - Windows 8 can connect you to your files, photos, people, and settings, wherever you sign in.
- Wall-to-wall web - Internet Explorer 10 brings you immersive web browsing on screens big and small.
- The familiar, made better - Still devoted to your mouse and keyboard? Windows 8 makes the tried-and-true feel brand new
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor;
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit);
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit);
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
|click image to large|