Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cavani could spoil City switch as striker warns he'll fight to play at Olympics

Napoli striker Edinson Cavani is ready to battle his club for the right to play in the Olympics, in a stance that could deter potential bidders Manchester City.
The highly-rated Uruguay international is desperate to be part of London 2012 but his employers have thus far been reticent in giving him the green light.





Cavani, who is linked with a summer move to one of Europe's top clubs including City and Chelsea, has indicated he would be ready to challenge the club should they attempt to block his inclusion.
'I want to go to the Olympics in London. I have already expressed my desire (to go) in public,' he told Gazzetta dello Sport.
'I have discussed the issue of the Olympic Games with the club's leadership and I made it clear that my major interest is to join the squad.
'I've tried to simplify the path, (but) I am willing to fight to get the Games.'



Source : Dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment