Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure wants to finish his career at Barcelona

The Cote d'Ivoire international spent three years at Camp Nou before making the switch to England and has admitted interest in making a return to Catalunya in the near future

 


 



Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has declared that he wants to finish his career at Barcelona and admitted that "it would be great" if he could move back to Camp Nou.

The Ivorian midfielder featured for the Blaugrana for three years and was sold to the Blues for around €30 million (£24m) in the summer of 2010.

Toure has been a popular figure at the Etihad Stadium and his double at Newcastle on Sunday left City on the cusp of their first top-flight crown in 44 years, but the 28-year-old has revealed his desire to end his career with the Catalan giants.

"I would love to return to Barcelona and finish my career there," he said in an interview with 

Catalan radio station RAC1.

"I love the city, and Barca has always been the club of my life. I love Barcelona.

"In the press conference I did when I left, I said I would return. In life you never know what will happen tomorrow. If I could return, it would be great."

Toure then added that new Barca coach Tito Vilanova will be able to carry on Pep Guardiola's work at the club when the latter steps down at the end of this season in what he believes was a bizarre decision.

"It was a little strange, because Guardiola has been a key figure in the success of Barca. But we are all human.

"I know the new coach very well. He is a very good person and his footballing philosophy is similar to Guardiola's. He will be a very good coach."

 

 Source : Goal.com

    

No comments:

Post a Comment