Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nasri mocks Arsenal for finishing third as Manchester City celebrate Premier League title

French midfielder took the full wrath of Gunners fans after acrimoniously leaving the Emirates Stadium but now feels vindicated after his new side became English champions

 


 



Manchester City star Samir Nasri has hit out at former club Arsenal, delivering a damning assessment on the Gunners’ ambitions as he celebrated winning the Premier League.

The France international was part of the City side that won the title in dramatic fashion on Sunday, when a late turnaround gave them a 3-2 win over QPR and a first championship for 44 years.

Nasri was heavily criticised for leaving the Gunners in the summer, with fans claiming that his £24 million move was all about money, but the midfielder argues that City’s success has vindicated his move and branded Arsenal players as the ones most interested in picking up money without showing ambition as they regularly “settle for second best” at the Emirates Stadium.

"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money,” he said to French TV channel TF1.

"I hope they are watching me now, collecting my Premier League winner’s medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many years now. 

"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team.

"There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.

"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.

"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."



 

 

Source : Goal.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment