Thursday, May 3, 2012

Van Persie welcomes Podolski

Arsenal captain believes new signing is a winner

 


 


Robin van Persie is looking forward to playing alongside Lukas Podolski at Arsenal next season and believes the striker will bring a winning mentality.
Arsenal confirmed earlier this week that a deal had been agreed for Podolski to move to the Emirates Stadium from Cologne in the summer for an undisclosed fee.
Podolski's switch to the Gunners had been mooted for some time and the Germany international is expected to relieve some of the goalscoring burden on Van Persie.
The Arsenal captain is happy with the capture of the former Bayern Munich forward and feels he possesses the right attitude to be a success at the club.


Character

"He's a really good player," Van Persie told Sky Sports News. "I know that he has played 91, 92 times games for Germany, which says it all.
"He is a really good player, an experienced player and he has been in the game at the highest level for more than eight years.
"He had a little trip to Munich a couple of years ago and then came back to Cologne.
"He is a great player and a great character to have around because he's a winner. When we played against Cologne in pre-season you could see that he's a winner.
"Even though it was a friendly he was doing absolutely everything to win and we are very happy that he's coming to Arsenal."


Van Persie's influence at Arsenal this season has been rewarded with the FWA Footballer of the Year and PFA Player of the Year awards, but the Netherlands international feels under no extra pressure to perform.
He added: "There's always pressure and I have my own pressure.
"I ask a certain standard of my game, that's not something new. I always ask myself to provide assists, to score goals and help my team-mates out.
"This year and the second part of last season has gone really well. I always ask those standards of my game."


Source : SkySport.com




 

No comments:

Post a Comment