Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nasri: Arsenal 'should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles'


Nasri: Arsenal 'should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles'

"I hope they are watching me now, collecting my Premier League winner’s medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many years now," adds Man City midfielder


Samir Nasri has launched a fierce attack on former club Arsenal for questioning his motives for joining Manchester City.
Nasri claimed his Premier League title triumph with City, following his £24million move from Arsenal last summer, had vindicated his decision.
He mocked the Gunners for their failure to win any silverware since 2005 and claimed their fans should be happy with their third-placed finish this season.
And Nasri branded many of the London club's current players mercenaries, happy to simply pick up their big salaries with no desire to win anything.
"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money," said Nasri.
"I hope they are watching me now collecting my Premier League winner's medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many seasons now.
"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team - there are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.

"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.
"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me.
"They should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."



Source : Mirror.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment