Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ramsey: Arsenal must keep Van Persie to be title contenders

The Welsh midfielder has warned that the Gunners cannot let their Dutch goalscorer and captain leave if they want to compete to be crowned Premier League champions next season 

 

 

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey believes that the club's chances of winning the title next season depend on ensuring that Robin van Persie is not sold in the summer.

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey believes that the club's chances of winning the title next season depend on ensuring that Robin van Persie is not sold in the summer.

"He hasn't given any of the other lads any indications on what he is going to do, but hopefully he will stay"
- Aaron Ramsey on Robin van Persie
The Wales captain also revealed that the domestic campaign just ended had been the most demanding of his short career so far, following his recovery from a double fracture of his lower right leg - an injury sustained at Stoke City in February 2010.
Ramsey explained: “To ask me to play to a high standard week in, week out, in the Premier League when you think of the pace that goes with it, was very physically demanding.
“People do forget how long I was out of the game and what happened. It’s been my first full season. Overall, I am happy with the way things have gone.
“From where I was with the injury I think I’ve done pretty well. It was a long season and it was something my body has not been used to. It was quite obvious I would get tired towards the end.
“Before I joined Arsenal, I only played for Cardiff in the second half of the season, made the move to London and had a year to settle in.
“Then I started the first half of the following season at Arsenal, got injured and was out for a year.
“Although, I’ve been pretty pleased, there is still a lot more to come. I know that. But this season has been a good stepping stone for me.”



Source : Goal.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment