Monday, February 6, 2012

Interview With Supratim Bhattacharya

Interview with Supratim Bhattacharya, Goalkeeper, India U-16

Today we bring in front of you, one of the promising young footballers of Indian football - Supratim Bhattacharya. A goalkeeper by position, Supratim has been a part of India's successful campaign in the AFC U-16 Championship qualifiers. Let's see what Supratim has in store for us...


Q.1. Supratum tell us about your goals.


Supratim: I have only one goal in mind, that is to become a great footballer.


Q.2. Whom do you idolize?


Supratim: In our National team I like Subrata Paul and Iker casillas will be my choice for World Football.
Supratim Practicing


Q.3. What do you do in your free time?


Supratim: Mostly I love to take Rest, listen music and sometimes Social Networking Sites such as Facebook..thats it.


Q.4. Your favourite food?


Supratim:   Mutton Biryani


Q.5. Your favourite team and sportsperson?


Supratim: My favourite team is Manchester United and favourite sports person is undoubtedly Iker Casillas.



Q.6. At this young age there is bound to be a dream, what is yours? Which club would you like to play for?


Supratim: First of all I would be loved to know a good footballer and even a better person. One day I dream of playing for the Red Devils-Manchester United.



Q.7. What made you choose Goalkeeping ahead of so many other options? Were you focused only on goalkeeping when you started playing football?


Supratim: I started playing as a goalkeeper from the age of six, thus how I would end up as a goalkeeper. I really like it.
.

The India U-16 team

Q.8. Share your experience about the 2012 AFC U16 Championship qualifiers. How did it feel when the team qualified for the main draw?

Supratim: That was a real tough competition, playing four matches in six days is really really tough task but still we played good and i really don't want to talk about the Uzbekistan match and please, dont ask me any question about uzbekistan match..because near about 10000 people had asked me that about that match. I would say we played very very very good and we will give our best in our next matches.

IMG Academy, Florida, USA


Q.9. How was the experience when you along with your fellow teammates were given the opportunity to train in IMG Academy in Florida?

Supratim: Its very different than India. The infrastructure is way better but in the same time I won't say that that the infrastructure in our country is poor. But then again, the level of training and the tips and tricks they make us learn are just awesome. 

Q.10. When do you see yourself wearing the national team's jersey?


Supratim: May be in the next four to five years. Whenever I practice, before matches(all type of matches...small and big) and when i play the feel of playing for your country aggravates. I feel proud that I am an Indian.

Q.11. Any message to our readers.


Supratim: Right now I am just 15. First I would like to make a name for myself and establish myself then only I can give advise to others. So, not now..


So, That was Supratim Bhattacharya speaking to us. We would continue to bring more such interesting Interviews. Stay Connected to Indian Football - The Blog. This is Debraj Banerjee signing off.


No comments:

Post a Comment