Tuesday, July 10, 2007

^V^ David confession ^V^


^V^

Dear David,

I am a little busy at this moment, will feed back to u after lunch ^V^
***
David said...
Dear Uncle Sam,

I came across your blog a month back and have been glued to it since...visiting it 5-8 times a day, and get withdrawal syndrome when you don't blog anything!!! Wish I had known about it earlier. Hahaha...

I can attest to FA vs TA. I started buying shares 1 week before 1997 crash, mostly TA stocks...needless to say got burned quite bad...all savings gone. But I had to continue just to recoup my losses but switch to FA stocks instead (like IOI, Gamuda, Austral Enterprise, etc). Took me a long time to break-even since no more money and can only buy small, 1-2 lots every month. In 2002, excitement of TA and greed took over and switch back to TA. After a few rounds of losses, I stopped meddling in shares altogether in 2002. I started playing again February this year, as cannot tahan the excitement of a bull run, back to buying TA stocks. Yes I made some…but loss it all once again post CNY corrections. You blog sometime back that some people are still smarting from it…yes I am one of them…right now holding lots of really junk stocks.

I think I know what I need to do…sell of all these junk TA stocks and swap to FA stocks…however need courage to suspend the emotional aspects of realizing paper losses amounting to 50K.

I hope you don’t stop blogging about FA as you have said post Feb 98, even if you have stop investing. This will greatly help newbies and remind people like me not to foray into TA again.

David.

[P/S: I would be eternally grateful if you could add me to your distribution list, as I really need your guidance. Also, would it be OK if I email you occasionally for guidance and support? Thanks, btw I’m from MBS too. My email is davidckwoo@yahoo.com.sg - please remove email when you blog this. Thanks.]

July 11, 2007 11:09 AM

***

No comments:

Post a Comment